Relax, You Have Found
Your Legal Team
Decades of legal knowledge at your service.
Charles D. Steinman
Chuck is a life-long resident of the Rochester area. After graduating from Binghamton University in 1971 (B.A., Economics, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and Syracuse University College of Law in 1974 (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude), Chuck returned to Rochester to begin his legal career with the Monroe County Public Defender’s Office. His commitment to justice compelled him to pursue indigent criminal defense until 1983, when he was recruited to join the New York State Attorney General’s Office. Ultimately, Chuck became the Deputy Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Rochester Regional Office, supervising the litigation staff of that office and receiving numerous accolades for his exceptional litigation skills.
Since retiring from the Attorney General’s Office in 2005, Chuck has remained in active private practice, handling a wide variety of litigation matters, as well as real estate transactions, wills and estates. Chuck has tried hundreds of cases on behalf of his clients throughout the upstate New York Area and has pursued appeals up to the highest court in New York, the New York State Court of Appeals. He has also briefed cases to the United States Supreme Court.
Chuck lives in the Rochester area with his wife Shelly, a practicing RN specializing in operating room procedures. In his spare time, Chuck can be found boating on Lake Ontario, restoring old cars and playing guitar in a local band.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Professional Discipline
- New York, 1975
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 1974
- Honors: cum laude
- State University of New York, Binghamton, New York
- B.A. - 1971
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Associate Professor of Law and Psychiatry, University of Rochester
Honors and Awards
- Louis J. Lefkowitz Memorial Award for Outstanding Service
Past Employment Positions
- Harris Beach, PLLC, Senior Counsel
- New York State Attorney General's Office
- Rochester Regional Office, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, 1999
- City of Rochester Corporation Counsel's Office, Municipal Attorney, 1995
- Monroe County Public Defender's Office, 1974